Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Welcome to my blog!


I am a family child care provider of over 30 years and I am called Nini by a pretty special group of Littles, the children in my care. Currently I am working on getting a CDA. I started this nearly 20 years ago but never completed it. I’m committed to finally achieving this goal this year. I’m also working on NAFCC accreditation. I’ve been accredited a couple of times in the past but let accreditation lapse a few years ago and now trying to get back on track. 

In the mean time, this blog was suggested by my awesome mentor. She told me I should write about the themes I create and practice with my children. After my initial, “Ain’t nobody here got time for that!” I decided, “Hey, that might be fun!” Every once in a while I come up with a great theme that takes flight. That’s what I’ll be posting here soon. Stay tuned. Let the Play Parade begin!

Also visit PlayParade on Tumblr.

2 comments:

Melinda Carlson, AU AFP Mentor said...

I am excited for you that you created this blog-it's awesome! You have found many awesome ideas you have made your own. I am happy you are continuing your education earning your CDA as well as developing professionally with NAFCC Accreditation! You have an amazing program and I am thankful I get to visit you and your "Littles". Keep being amazing and Thanks for all you do!

Play Parade said...

Thank you Melinda, the aforementioned awesome mentor.